Saturday, August 17, 2013

Morning Adoring #37: God Who Turns My Utter-Weakness into Strength

For the sake of Christ then, I am content with weaknesses,
insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10


So what happens if my weakness really does showcase God's power and glory? What if in my weakness, God showed Himself?

What happens if I embraced being nothing so that He can be everything?


What would happen if I stopped striving and actually purposed to be content with everything I am not while being a life that sought after everything that He is?

Paul? He had been ship-wrecked and beaten. Whipped and stoned and left for dead. He had known no-food days and the grace of church-provision days...and in each situation, He found contentment in it because He knew that God was using his weaknesses and all those horrible moments to prove Himself strong.




I read this week that contentment is found in submitting to God. The thought of submission in any form has been made to look so ugly, but there is such beauty in such a quiet act. I look at the brilliance of the sun - as it sets and rises each day and the earth turns its slow dance it all submits to an order that God set into place since the beginning of time and even nature bows before a Holy God. He brings beauty and growth and order out of a broken and dying world and when I submit myself under His plan, He picks up all the brokenness of my sin-messes and His Life begins to grow through the cracks.


So my weaknesses, my brokenness, each and every hardship? They aren't something to be afraid of, to be ashamed of - I can find peace in them because He is stronger, He is so much more and in His grace, He redeems each one for His glory.


~~~


God Who turns my utter-weakness into strength - Paul penned those words that are my own for today: For [Your sake] then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong - only because You are my strength. You are beautiful and good and a strong tower to run to when I become overwhelmed. Keep me from being afraid of failure and messing up (again) and confident instead in the Holiness and Strength of You.

I am content with all of my failures when I am content in You, my Redeemer-God.