Monday, July 22, 2013

Morning Adoring {Day 12} The God Who Reveals Secrets

So there are days that are all confusion and chaos and all we ever want is an answer - maybe two. And we aren't grand kings like Nebuchadnezzar with dreams so much larger than our titles,

but we are human, just like him.

And sometimes, because we are frail, we want the reasons behind the circumstances.


It is hard to know at times, that there is a God in heaven Who could reveal all our mysteries, but chooses not to more times than not.

There are times that it all seems to get worse and the hand of God stays still.

There comes a point when our eyes no longer lift in hope, but in accusation to the heavens that He called into existence by His very words;

Couldn't He just say some words to us?

I am the Lord, and there is no other,
besides me there is no God;
I equip you, though you do not know me,
that people may know, from the rising of the sun
and from the west, that there is none besides me;
I am the Lord, and there is no other.
I form light and create darkness,
I make well-being and create calamity,
I am the Lord, who does all these things.
Isaiah 45:5-7

Instead, He calls us to trust - whether He tells us those secrets or not.

Whether He reveals the hidden answers or not.

Whether He fixes the situation or our ears hear His voice.

These verses - they are spoken of an ancient king, but the principle is the same -

We may not always understand the why behind His decision.

We may wake up in the middle of the night, shaking from a dream that He alone has given.

We may beg for answers and He may give them,

or He may not.


What we can know, is that there is a God in heaven Who will let us know what we need to know in whatever means He chooses to give.

There may be a wait - it could be 1 day or a lifetime - but as we wait, we can choose to trust our God Who has no equal. Who sees the big picture above us and yet walks so closely beside us, in the middle of whatever it is we are going through.
~~~


The God Who reveals secrets and mysteries - The One Who I will never come close to understanding fully. You see it all. You see all the circumstances that lead up to my today and what makes up all of my tomorrows that You will give.

I am in awe. You called the heavens into existence, You have flung the galaxies wide and name each and every star - and You see beyond all that grandeur and beauty and You see me. You know me. You speak my name.

You know what weighs heavily on my heart - the questions I have and the answers I want - You know the deepest secrets and though You choose to keep them hidden right now - I choose to trust, even when I don't want to. Even when I fight against Your wisdom - I choose to trust that You reveal what is needed and what You keep hidden is only and always for my good.