Friday, July 19, 2013

Adoration {Day 9} God Who Never Ceases to Deliver Me

You know the late starts and the missed opportunities and all the other details in between.

You know how the mantle of "the righteous" feels odd in the awareness of my sin.


You know that I don't fully understand Your grace - the freedom I have in You.

You see all of this, You know each little nuance and still, You deliver me out of sin that so easily entangles, out of the words that roll around in my mind that rumble out failure and knock down hope. You reach down, waiting for me to just. look. up. - to just reach out and grab hold of Your strength to make it through another mundane, crazy, there-is-so-much-to-do-and-not-enough-time day in front of me.


Many are the afflictions,

but there is Only One God.

And the stillness that surrounds You, the deliberate slowness of You helps me to breathe again.